AW: [vtkusers] How to show and control one vtkSphereWidget in different windows?

jiang jiang at TI.Uni-Trier.DE
Thu Nov 6 09:25:57 EST 2003

Hi Nigel,
Thank you for your answer. I have the vtk 4.2.1 documentation. So I can
access the document you mentioned. However, my aim is not simply drawing a
sphere on one or more windows. I also want to manipulate it, moving it by
mouse draging, even it is behind other actors. So vtkSphereWidget offers
this function very well.
Is there really no way to render one vtkSphereWidget in different windows?
May I use one "Interactor" in different windows? So the vtkSphereWidget is
attached to it.
Or is it possible to manipulate vtkSphereSource similar as vtkSphereWidget?

Many thanks!

Chunyan

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: vtkusers-admin at vtk.org [mailto:vtkusers-admin at vtk.org]Im Auftrag
von Nigel Nunn
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 6. November 2003 15:00
An: 'vtkusers at vtk.org'
Cc: 'jiang at TI.Uni-Trier.DE'
Betreff: RE: [vtkusers] How to show and control one vtkSphereWidget in
different windows?

Hi Chunyan,

vtkSphereWidget is great for manipulating objects, but it
depends upon getting attached to an "Interactor".  If you
just want to show a sphere in multiple renderWindows, then
vtkSphereSource may be better.  From the documentation:

 "vtkSphereSource creates a sphere (represented by polygons)
  of specified radius centered at the origin. The resolution
  (polygonal discretization) in both the latitude (phi) and
  longitude (theta) directions can be specified. It also is
  possible to create partial spheres by specifying maximum
  phi and theta angles. By default, the surface tessellation
  of the sphere uses triangles; however
  you can set LatLongTessellation to produce a tessellation
  using quadrilaterals."

Do you have access to the documentation?
Nigel

confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended
recipient please note that any form of distribution, copying or use of
this communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited and
may be unlawful. If you receive this message in error, please delete it
and notify the sender.

Keep up to date with what's happening in Australian sport.
Visit http://www.ausport.gov.au