[vtkusers] Help please: Linking "ObjectFactory.lib" ?

Audrius Stundzia audrius at adv-biologic.com
Wed May 28 14:34:23 EDT 2003

Hi vtkers,

We're upgrading from vtk4.0.x to vtk4.2.2 on Windows XP with VC++ 6.0.

Downloaded and compiled the 26-May-2003 nightly release after configuring
with the CMake 1.6 - Patch 7:

BUILD_SHARED_LIBS: ON
VTK_USE_HYBRID: ON
VTK_USE_RENDERING: ON
VTK_DEBUG_LEAKS: ON

with everything else in it's default setting.

Everything went fine in recompiling our code until the linking stage:

Linking...
LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file "ObjectFactory.lib"
Error executing link.exe.

No sign of any such library file in the vtk directories. Very puzzled.

Any insight into what we're missing would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Audrius