[vtkusers] Problems executing vtk from different paths

gamal akabani gakabani at nc.rr.com
Wed May 14 12:17:45 EDT 2003

Hi,

I just finish compiling vtk for a mac.
After it generated all the dynamic libraries, vtk and vtkpython I executed
"make install", which put (copy) the many vtk include files in
/usr/local/include and the vtk libraries in /usr/local/lib/vtk.

However, when I run vtk directly from the VTK/VTKBuild/bin directory I have
an interactive menu for vtk (nice), it works perfectly as in other machines.
However, when I run vtk from the one located /usr/local/bin/vtk I get an
error, as it is not interactive and the vtk window is fixed and there are no
menus. When I click on the window I get this error

SetFrontProcess failed,-606
SetFrontProcess failed,-606

What is the difference between running vtk from

/us/local/VTK/VTKBuild/bin and /usr/local/bin/vtk ?

Am I missing something during the installation or in my .tcshrc?
Thanks in advance.

Gamal Akabani, Ph.D.
Duke University Medical Center
Department of Radiology