[vtkusers] vtkWarpScalar. Should it work?

Nico Vermaas vermaas at astron.nl
Fri May 2 09:01:11 EDT 2003

Hi,

- Can anybody see what is wrong?
- I want to use vtkWarpScalar to display an elevation picture of my scalars.
- According to the examples and the manual I should first convert my vtkImageData to vtkPolyData and then perform the warp.
- For some reason the 'SetInput' memberfunction of warp does not seem to exist (see errors). Has it changed in VTK4?
- Does anybody have a working example of warping?

vtkImageDataGeometryFilter *geometry = vtkImageDataGeometryFilter::New();
 geometry->SetInput(myExtractVOI->GetOutput());

 vtkWarpScalar *warp = vtkWarpScalar::New();
 warp->SetInput(geometry->GetOutput());

ERROR:
 no matching function for call to `vtkWarpScalar::SetInput (vtkPolyData *)'
/home/vermaas/CVS/cosmo312GTK/vtk_nightly_4.x/VTK/Filtering/vtkPointSetToPointSetFilter.h:57: candidates are: void vtkPointSetToPointSetFilter::SetInput(vtkPointSet *)

Nico Vermaas
ASTRON - Westerbork Synthesis Radio Telescope
Schattenberg 1 - 9433 TA Zwiggelte - The Netherlands

tel: +31 593 598710
vermaas at astron.nl