[vtkusers] Zbuffer problem with matrox g550

Simon Chatelain simon.chatelain at epfl.ch
Fri Mar 21 10:10:52 EST 2003

Hello,

I am working with Java and VTK, on a linux redhat 8 system.

I want to display three slices of a volume in 3D. For that, I use a
reslicer to extract the slice, and then i use this slice as a texture
for a plan.
And then i use the vtkPanel class to display all the stuff. Easy to do,
and work well with my machine.

But i recently try my application on another machine, with a matrox G550
graphic card with the matrox driver for linux (my machine has an NVidia
with the nvidia driver for linux), and the display of my stuff is
totally wrong.

The normal display is the one of the picture "correct.jpeg". The three
plans are orthogonal, and we can see the intersection.
The wrong display is the one of the picture "wrong.jpeg". The coronal
plan, instead of cross the sagital, is displayed in front of the other
plans.

My question is : is it a bug in the graphic card driver , is it a bug in
vtk orr is it a bug in my application ?
                            does someone have the same problem ?

Thanks for your help.

Simon Chatelain