[vtkusers] Tutorial on VTK

Jeremy Winston winston at cat.rpi.edu
Mon Mar 17 09:53:52 EST 2003

R K Shyamprakash wrote:

>    I am new to VTK and I will be using VTK in JAVA. Is there any
> tutorial for novice vtk programmers? Please let me know

The textbook "The Visualization Toolkit" is a good intro to
the field of visualization using VTK for its examples.

The VTK Users' Guide helps with the technical details of
getting VTK installed & running & writing code using the API.

See http://www.vtk.org/buy-books.php

The examples that come with the VTK distro are good for
learning how to construct visualization pipelines.

See your vtk Examples directory, or
http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/VTK/Examples/?cvsroot=VTK

HTH,
-Jeremy