[vtkusers] OT: Linux OpenGL and MesaGL at the same time?

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Wed Mar 12 16:02:01 EST 2003

Here is how I do it:

1. use  Makefile.X11 to build Mesa (not configure)
2. edit Make-config, add -DUSE_MGL_NAMESPACE to CFLAGS of the target
linux-static
3. compile the target linux-static
4. rename libGL.a to something like libMGL.a
5. follow the instruction in VTK/Examples/MangledMesa/README.txt

Some of the later versions of Mesa might not compile since the mangled
stuff was broken for a while. I usually use Mesa 4 (cvs should also
work).

-Berk