[vtkusers] help!!about 3d reconstruction

Jeremy Winston winston at cat.rpi.edu
Sun Mar 9 14:24:02 EST 2003

zhao yong qiang wrote:
> Hi all,
>    I am a new user of VTK.I have a series of MRI images. They are BMP
> files. I want to use them to construct 3d object. Can someone tell me
> how to use VTK class to implement? which class?

Your question is too vague:
Do you want to view a volume dataset (i.e., voxels)?
Do you want to pass the volume through a filter such
as Marching Cubes to visualize surface boundaries?

You should probably buy & read "The Visualization Toolkit:
An Object-Oriented Approach To 3D Graphics, 3rd Edition"
from http://www.kitware.com/products/vtktextbook.html.

In any case, you should look at:
vtkBMPReader
     http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkBMPReader.html, &