[vtkusers] Building VTK on DEC 64 bit system

Clinton Stimpson clinton at elemtech.com
Mon Jun 23 15:10:42 EDT 2003

It seems the build done nightly by kitware with platform and compiler is
with the ANSI option off. If I try building it using standard iostreams
and standard ansi compiler flags, I get compiler errors (compiling
vtkXMLParser.cxx is as far as I got). I'd rather use standard c++ on
this platform and compiler. How can that be made to happen? I also had
to change the cmake source to get it to compile. I just had to add a
#include <time.h> to one of the files. Thanks, Clint --__--__-- Message:
14 Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 12:51:29 -0400 To: "Karl G. Merkley"
<karl at elemtech.com>, vtkusers at public.kitware.com From: "William A.
Hoffman" <billlist at nycap.rr.com> Subject: Re: [vtkusers] Building VTK on
DEC 64 bit system There is a dashboard build done each night:
http://www.vtk.org/Testing/Dashboard/20030623-0300-Nightly/Dashboard.html
a62.­iue.­tuwien.­ac.­at OSF1-V5.­1-cxx It should work like it does on
any other system. You can download cmake binaries from here:
http://www.cmake.org/HTML/Download.html -Bill At 11:39 AM 6/23/2003,