[vtkusers] Application slows down

R K Shyamprakash ramakrishna.prakash at quest-global.com
Wed Jun 18 06:47:55 EDT 2003

Hi,
       My application is used to load the stl file, visualize it and do few
operations. In the beginning, the speed is really good. I frequently add the
actors to renderer, then clear them(after certain operations) and again add
new actors. After a while the application slows down a lot. I am using the
method vtkRenderer.RemoveAllProps() method to clear the renderer. Should I
explicitly call
ReleaseGraphicsResources() on vtkActor or its mapper?(I checked the source
code, RemoveAllProps() does this for me). Else what could be the reason for
application slowing down? Please help.
Thanks
Shyam