[vtkusers] libraries link error

Bernadette Louat bernadette.louat2 at mail.dcu.ie
Thu Jun 12 10:46:12 EDT 2003

Hi all,
I can't really start using vtk because I get the following error with all examples whan I run them.
I'm using the following command for Cone.class:
java -Djava.library.path="D:\Program files\vtk42\bin;D:\Program Files\vtk42\lib\vtk;D:\Program Files\vtk42\lib" -cp .;"D:\Program files\vtk42\bin\vtk.jar" Cone
  a.. java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: D:\Program Files\vtk42\bin\vtkRenderingJava.dll: Can't find dependent libraries
  b.. at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
  c.. at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1473)
  d.. at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1397)
  e.. at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:788)
  f.. at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:832)
  g.. at Cone.(Cone.java:22)
    a.. Exception in thread "main"
More over Windows gives this warning :
the application ( java.exe) cannot start, it cannot find jawt.dll. You should reinstall the application.

If you have any ideas...

I have also another problem  with vtkPanel and vtkCanvas... when I compile SimpleVTK.java, I get this strange error:
  a.. D:/Program Files/vtk42/bin/vtk.jar(vtk/vtkPanel.java) [7:1] class vtkPanel is public, should be declared in a file named vtkPanel.java
  b.. (source unavailable)
  c..  1 error
  d.. Errors compiling SimpleVTK.
But vtkPanel and vtkCanvas are actually in vtk.jar... I even try to recompile them and put them again in vtk.jar... it doesn't work

Thanks in advance
bernadette