[vtkusers] Image formats

Mathieu Malaterre Mathieu.Malaterre at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Wed Jul 23 13:53:38 EDT 2003

Nabby,

	Here are the image file formats that VTK can used:

- BMP       -> vtkBMPReader/vtkBMPWriter
- DEM       -> vtkDEMReader
- DICOM     -> vtkDICOMImageReader
- GE Signal -> vtkGESignaReader
- JPEG      -> vtkJPEGReader/vtkJPEGWriter
- PNG       -> vtkPNGReader/vtkPNGWriter
- PNM       -> vtkPNMReader/vtkPNMWriter
- PS        -> vtkPostScriptWriter
- SLC       -> vtkSLCReader
- TIFF      -> vtkTIFFReader/vtkTIFFWriter

- RAW       -> vtkImageReader / vtkVolume16Reader / vtkVolumeReader

HTH
mathieu

BTW I realized
http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/vtkfaq?req=show&file=faq03.002.htp
is not up to date:

Missings:

- vtkCGMWriter
- vtkEnSight6*
- vtkIVWriter
- vtkOBJReader
- vtkParticleReader
- vtkPDBReader
- vtkPLYWriter/vtkPLYReader
- vtkMoleculeReaderBase ???
- vtkGaussianCubeReader
- vtkXYZMolReader

Could someone with FAQ write access make some changes, thanks.