[vtkusers] vtkandqt

Bert Schiettecatte bert.schiettecatte at esat.kuleuven.ac.be
Tue Jul 8 04:53:05 EDT 2003

Hi All,

I've been trying to get VTK work in a QT MDI Child window, without
success. I tried to use
Vtkandqt available at

http://www.medres.ch/~jstifter/vtkandqt/

The package works fine as long as I don't let the MDI Child class
inherit from RenderWindowInteractor
Instead of letting it inherit from QWidget. There seems to be a problem
with the RenderWindowInteractor
being a child widget.

The error messagebox I get is 'ChoosePixelFormat failed', and then my
application quits.

Anyone have any ideas what could be wrong? If I try to use the package
in a standalone widget app,
everything works fine.

I'd also appreciate any pointers to VTK-QT packages, the VTK site has 2
dead links out of 4 to VTK-QT
Packages so I'm not sure if I've explored all possibilities.

Thanks,
Bert Schiettecatte