[vtkusers] old subject on GUI with VTK

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Tue Jul 1 23:21:21 EDT 2003

    BP> I think the answer to your questions is now NO.  Principia
    BP> Mathematica had a great start but that interface seems no
    BP> longer available.  Others may have something that is close to
    BP> being shared, but......  I suspect that most vtk users prefer
    BP> to do their own GUI work.  But, I for one, would like to work
    BP> on an opensource project.  Any other takers ?

Well, there are any number of OSS initiatives to choose from.  I'm
sure all of them could use some help -- even if its with writing docs.
There is Paraview (http://www.paraview.org), if you like C++/KDE there
is Smethurst's initiative and if you like Python there is MayaVi
(http://mayavi.sf.net).  Each has its own userbase, strengths and some
have weaknesses.  I'm sure they can each use help.  I for one would
certainly appreciate help with MayaVi.

cheers,
prabhu