[vtkusers] Python Examples

William Greathouse william.greathouse at the-greathouses.net
Wed Jan 22 10:02:55 EST 2003

PYTHONPATH and PATH are both configured.  I can run other VTK Python
examples that do not require vtkRenderingPythonTkWidgets.dll.  This dll
was not installed with the vtkNightly files.  Looking further into the
doc's, it seems that "rendering" is not part of the default build.  Is
this the build module that results in the needed dll?  I have not had
any success in rebuilding VTK from the CVS sources in the past, so I was
looking for a ready-made solution to an integrated VTK, GUI, Python.
Tk seemed the simple choice, but if I need to rebuild VTK Python, I am
willing to use other "free" libraries.  Do you have any recommendations?