[vtkusers] vtkActor for a lowerleft 3-axes object ?

Malcolm Drummond malcolm at geovision.co.za
Tue Jan 21 03:44:24 EST 2003

Oops ...

OK, in the header file you'll find

  // Set/Get the camera to perform scaling and translation of the
  // vtkAxes2D.
  vtkSetObjectMacro(Renderer,vtkRenderer);
  vtkGetObjectMacro(Renderer,vtkRenderer);

So there's a SetRenderer method (with irrelevant and misleading comments)
which you'll have to call with a renderer prior to rendering. I think you
should take care of this immediately you've created the filter.

You might want to look later at using the viewport argument instead (as the
renderer is a subclass). I think that's where I was heading next. If it
actually runs and you think it's worth persuing I don't mind spending some
time on it, once I've finished with the tesselator stuff.

BTW Some disciplines prefer different labels, I know a lot of the
geo-sciences people like N.E and Down. It would make sense to offer user
defined labels

All the best
Malcolm