[vtkusers] Using OpenGL commands with VTK ?

Sebastien Auclair sxa at fluent.com
Thu Jan 16 10:58:09 EST 2003

Hi  !

We have this QT OpenGL application that now needs some of the VTK features.
The thing is that we don't want to get rid of the OpenGL code. Is there a
way to keep our "initializeGL", "paintGL", etc... functions ? (i.e. Keeping
the OpenGL commands)
The new version of our app would of course use actors for the new shapes but
we can't convert the way 3D shape were drawn so far.
We just need an example of how it can be done.

NOTE: To bridge VTK with QT's windowing system, we use vtkQGLRenderWindow.
(https://sourceforge.net/projects/vtkqgl/)

Thanks for any help !