[vtkusers] Reconstruction with 2D tiff images

anast.jm at pg.com anast.jm at pg.com
Wed Jan 8 18:44:51 EST 2003

Young,

Assuming you made 8 bit grayscale tiff files from the RGB images, perhaps
there are no 255 values in the volume. Try a lower iso value....john

Internet Mail Message
Received from host:

"Young" <ytsemikim at hotmail.com>
                        Sent by: vtkusers-admin at public.kitware.com
01/08/2003 06:07 PM

               To:      <vtkusers at public.kitware.com>
        cc:     (bcc: John Anast-JM/PGI)
        Subject:        [vtkusers] Reconstruction with 2D tiff images

Hi, vtk users.
I have a question in terms of 3D reconstruction using 2d tiff images.
I have 30 serial rat brain section images(RGB) (from cortex to striatum)
taken by digital camera and saved into Tiff file (1392x1040). Then I
resize images to 500x374 and rename them (Hfm.01, Hfm.02-----Hfm.30). I
tried to load these 30 images and reconstruct a 3D structure. This is Tcl
code what I used.

package require vtk
package require vtkinteraction

vtkTIFFReader reader
reader SetFilePrefix "D:/.../.../Hfm"
reader SetDataByteOrderToLittleEndian
reader SetDataExtent 0 499 0 373 1 30
reader SetDataOrigin 0.0 0.0 0.0
reader SetDataSpacing 1 1 3
reader SetDataMask 0x7fff
reader Update

vtkMarchingCubes iso
iso SetInput [reader GetOutput]
iso SetValue 0 255

vtkPolyDataMapper isoMapper
isoMapper SetInput [iso GetOutput]
isoMapper ScalarVisibilityOff

vtkActor isoActor
isoActor SetMapper isoMapper
eval [isoActor GetProperty] SetColor 1 1 1

vtkRenderer ren1
vtkRenderWindow renWin
renWin AddRenderer ren1
vtkRenderWindowInteractor iren
iren SetRenderWindow renWin
ren1 AddActor isoActor
ren1 SetBackground 0.1 0.2 0.4
renWin SetSize 500 500
renWin Render

When I render, I only see just background in rendering window. There is
noting in my rendering window. Since I build my own vtk using CMake, I
have no problem for using Patented fuction...
Is there any body who can help me.... Please.