[vtkusers] Visulazing values rather than coordinates

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Thu Feb 27 01:21:46 EST 2003

    AN> John, this sounds about what I wanted. One another question
    AN> though. How do the coordinates get incremented in VTK for the
    AN> Structured Points dataset format? For a simple (3,3) grid how
    AN> would the ordering look?  0,0,0 0,0,1 0,0,2 0,1,0 0,1,1 0,1,2
    AN> ...?

The x co-ordinate increases fastest, y next and z last.  The latest
version of the File formats document mentions this.

In case you are new to the older VTK data formats you might want to
see this presentation I made a while ago on MayaVi.  It has a section
on data formats.  Perhaps it might be useful.  You can find it here:

  http://mayavi.sourceforge.net/docs.html

The presentation is here:

  http://mayavi.sourceforge.net/docs/mayavi_talk.pdf

Read the section on creating data files.

cheers,
prabhu