[vtkusers] Deforming mesh.

Mark Foskey mark_foskey at unc.edu
Sun Feb 23 18:55:20 EST 2003

Is there a standard way to render a polygonal mesh that is being
deformed over time?  I envision grabbing the point data by something
like GetPoint() or GetPointData() and then modifying it.  But it's not
clear from the documentation that I get pointers to the actual data
rather than a copy.

I'm also thinking I will want to subclass an InteractorStyle and use a
Timer, but I can't find documentation for how frequently Timer events
go off, or for what the significance of creating and destroying a timer
is. Perhaps the documentation for CreateTimer() should be written on a
more elementary level, even maybe with more background.  The same
applies to the comment for vtkInteractorStyle::OnTimer() -- why does it
only run when the mouse button is down, for instance?  (There' also is
a small typo -- it should read "Rotate, Spin, etc", not "Rotate,
Rotate, etc", right?)

Thanks for any help,
Mark

--
Mark Foskey    (919) 843-5436  Computer-Aided Diagnosis and Display Lab
mark_foskey at unc.edu            Department of Radiology, CB 7515, UNC