[vtkusers] bug with multiple render windows?

Frank Broicher broicher at techinfo.rwth-aachen.de
Fri Feb 21 08:48:46 EST 2003

Hi Nick,

it is a very seriuous problem. We initially got rid of any dependencies
of the WorldToolKit (a commercial VR Library) in order to use the VTK
which is better in our opinion and then we (as we say in german) "run
against a wall".

The next step here is a new compilation of VTK with debug information and
the use of valgrind and gdb, at least that's what I have in mind. Finding
the bug is probably not very hard, because we located it in the render-
function and we know that it is related to multiple windows. And we know
for sure that it is located in VTK since we changed the underliying GL
library and the system on which it ran (different kernel versions). We have
a very important appointment in the midst of march and we want to have an
apparently bug free software, so that my students, colleagues and me have
to find the bug as soon as possible.

But you can be certain that I keep you and the rest of the group informed
about our progress as long as there is one :-)

So again my appeal to everybody out there: It is a very serious problem
and we do not have deep insights of VTK, so if anybody can help, please
do so.

With best regards
	Frank

--
Dipl.-Inform. F. H. Broicher

Chair of Technical Computer Science  Lehrstuhl f. Technische Informatik
RWTH Aachen University                                      RWTH-Aachen
Ahornstraße 55,  Room 2226
D-52074 Aachen
  Tel.: +49 (241) 80 23636       mailto:broicher at techinfo.rwth-aachen.de
  Fax.: +49 (241) 80 22308       mailto:frank.broicher at ieee.org