[vtkusers] vtkFlRenderWindowInteractor bug(?) under OS 10.2

Charl P. Botha c.p.botha at its.tudelft.nl
Wed Feb 19 12:07:32 EST 2003

On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 11:51:14AM -0500, Damion Shelton wrote:
> I've run into a somewhat strange problem when using the
> vtkFlRenderWindowInteractor class under Mac OS 10.2 with FLTK 1.1.3 and
> the cvs version of VTK. Upon rendering, the window containing the
> interactor becomes completely filled with the interactor, overlaying
> any additional widgets. Messages are still passed to the widgets that
> are obscured (to sliders, for instance) despite the fact that they are
> visually blocked by the VTK window. In cases where there are multiple
> interactors in the same window (in a "panes" format) the last
> interactor to be displayed dominates.

I'm afraid I wouldn't know where to begin to debug this.  My primary problem
is of course that I don't have a MacOS X machine at my disposal.

My first suspect would be the vtkFlRenderWindowInteractor::draw() method.
The code as it is now works on X and Windows.  I never had any opportunity
to check this on MacOS X though.  If I were you, I'd start by checking that
the Fl_Gl_Window works perfectly on your system: you should be able to find
a simple FLTK example that helps in this regard.  After that, have a look in
the source of the vtkCocoaRenderWindow and the vtkCarbonRenderWindow.

I would love to hear of any progress that you make.

Best regards,
Charl