[vtkusers] Picking individual polygons specified in a .vtk (POLYDATA) file

Surajit Nundy nundys at neuro.duke.edu
Fri Feb 7 14:16:53 EST 2003

Hello,
	I have a .vtk file which I can read, display (and pick ) whose header
is below. I would like to be able to pick individual polygons from this
dataset.  Unfortunately, when I display the data as a vtkActor whose
input is a vtkPolyDataMapper whose input is a vtkPolyDataReader, I can
only pick (using vtkRenderer.PickProp) the whole Actor.  My facility
with vtk ends here.  Is there some way that I could pick the individual
polygons in this dataset?

Thanks
Surajit Nundy

# vtk DataFile Version 2.0