[vtkusers] Strange problem - All of my triangle mesh is not d isplayed (Bug? )

Karlsson Erik erik.karlsson at optronic.se
Thu Feb 6 11:44:55 EST 2003

Hi!
Thanks for your quick reply!
I want all of my data to be displayed as polygons (triangles). In the
original dataset there are a number of points that are invalid and should
not be a part of the polydata object. But these points are never used when I
define the triangle cells in the vtkCellArray ( I'm sure of that! :) As I
mentioned earlier I'm pretty sure that my poly data objects is correct -
that all points that should be, are a part of one or more triangles. The
thing is that when I use a smaller data set OR when I decimate the polydata
object of a bigger one, everything works fine. If I decmate say only 5% I
can see some more of the data and if I decimate abou t 10% I can see all of
it. It seems that if the polydata that is sent to the mapper is too big the
bottom is not shown. And by the bottom a mean the triangles that was last
defined in the CellArray - those would always be at the bottom in my
application. I mentioned the thing about the vtkLODActor to point out that
all the points that should be, really are in the polydata object and I
mentioned the part about decimation to point ot that the triangles also
seems to be defined correctly otherwise the decimation wouldnn't work so
well (or?). I'm just not comfortable with having to depend on triangle
decimation before I can display all of my data.
And another thing - I just tried the SetRepresentationToPoints(); on my
vtkProperty object, but the problem remains.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for taking time to help me!

Best regards,
Erik Karlsson