[vtkusers] vtkPanel Java Question

Richard.Bridge at tessella.com Richard.Bridge at tessella.com
Wed Feb 5 06:13:06 EST 2003

Hi all,

I realise this topic has been covered before, but I cant seem to find the
definitive answer, so here goes...

I am using vtk in a java app. I have two issues to resolve:

1. My test app in the default namespace works fine but I cant package it up
because I have to use Java SDK1.4.1 which precludes simple name imports.

2. When I use my extended version of vtkPanel on a JInternalFrame (in my
live app), overlaps or resizes cause the Panel to grey-out and not come
back.

Are there fixes for these?

I am currently using the vtkCore and vtkJava (Version 4.0) from the CD. I
have seen posts that talk about a revised version in CVS to include the
vtkPanel in the vtk Package, but I am unsure about which version I should
be getting and what I should be doing with it - will I need to recompile
everything?

Any help really appreciated,

Richard Bridge.

This message is confidential and may be privileged. It is intended for the
addressee(s) only. Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorized
and strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please
inform the sender immediately.

TESSELLA   Richard.Bridge at tessella.com
__/__/__/  Tessella Support Services plc
__/__/__/  3 Vineyard Chambers, ABINGDON, OX14 3PX, England
__/__/__/  Tel: (44)(0)1235-555511  Fax: (44)(0)1235-553301
           www.tessella.com
           Registered in England No. 1466429