[vtkusers] VTK <--> NumPy <--> VTK Integration

Bruno bruno.martin at cenpra.gov.br
Mon Feb 3 13:20:11 EST 2003

Hi,

        I'm working in a project of visualization medical images and we
work with large sets of images. To improve performace we are thinking
about using the integration VTK/NumPy. This integration would be to
estore
the images, while the program is runing, in NumPy format (in place of
VTK
objects like vtkImageReader(), vtkImageClip(), etc) and when the VTK
needs
the images (xxxx.GetOutput()), they would be imported by VTK in each
module. This is possible using vtkImageExportToArray.py and
vtkImageImportFromArray.py with some adjust (the Numerical array->void*
trick, and so on, as mentioned in some messages here end there...). I'm
using VTK 3.2.
        Someone knows anything about it? Should I do it and test or it
doesn't make any sense (this VTK to array to VTK)?
        thank's anyway...

Bruno Sousa Martin
ProMed - Prototipagem Rapida para Medicina
CenPRA - Centro de Pesquisas Renato Archer
Campinas - Brasil