[vtkusers] Conceptional Question

Jan-Gerrit Drexhage jdrexhage at wiwi.uni-bielefeld.de
Mon Feb 3 10:16:31 EST 2003

Hello,

i need some advice. I'm not sure if my concept is going in the right way or
not.
I use vtk to display a 3D-Coordinationsystem and putting Glyphs in it. Each
Glyph represents a set of Data extracted from one piece of music. Now I want
to compare multiple sets of Data. Actually I'm writing for each set of data
a Glyph and give it an object (ie cone, sphere) which represents a genre. Is
this the right way? Or is there a better one? I also would like to color
those Glyphs with RGBs (one color for one whole glyph) so i can change, in
the process of viewing, the color of a selected glyph (picked by Pulldown
menu) with other RGBs? I looked up the manpages and the vtk book but I
haven't found anything useful for simply coloring the whole glyph with RGBs.
Thanks in advance for the help and advice :-)
Jan