[vtkusers] Re: VTK: Mouse Wheel Event

Mathieu Malaterre Mathieu.Malaterre at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Mon Aug 18 06:13:50 EDT 2003

  > It's not going to be that easy, Mathieu. :)  I just commented out my
> ZAxisMapping 4 5 option and restarted X... suddenly, the mouse wheel on
> my MS IntelliEye mouse did NOT work anymore in Mozilla 1.4, OpenOffice
> 1.0.3, Konqueror 3.1.2, aterm 0.4.2 or evolution 1.2.4.  When I
> uncommented the line and restarted again, my scroll wheel started
> working again.

Obviously yes, this is the way to disable mouse wheel.

> Conclusion:
> At least on my system, NONE of these rather popular applications assume
> that buttons 4 and 5 are the scroll wheel.

I never said that. I said that standard option is :

Option "ZAxisMapping 4 5"

compared to

Option "ZAxisMapping 6 7"

If a user has a two buttons mouse and decided to turn off middle mouse
emulation:

	Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "off"

Then suddenly the middle mouse emulation would not work in Mozilla,
OpenOffice, Konqueror, aterm and evolution...

my 2 cents,
Mathieu