[vtkusers] Using CMake with Borland BCC55

Charl P. Botha c.p.botha at its.tudelft.nl
Fri Sep 20 04:52:35 EDT 2002

On Thu, Sep 19, 2002 at 08:01:21PM -0400, maxxiesgang wrote:
> I would like to use CMake and BCC55 to build VTK.  Can anyone give me some
> instruction on how to use the Borland compiler with the CMake configuration
> files?  I don't normally use Borland or CMake, but would like to build VTK
> with Python so that I can use MayaVi as a module in Python.  Thanks in
> advance for the help!

Make sure your BCC55 is installed correctly, i.e. that you can build and run
a small "Hello World" example.  Run CMake and answer all the questions.  You
will have to convert the Python libraries to OMF format by making use of the
Borland coff2omf utility.  To get the Python bindings to work, also read
this: http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/vtkfaq?req=show&file=faq05.013.htp

HTH,
Charl