[vtkusers] choosing the best tool for creating GUIs

Thomas Deschamps tdeschamps at lbl.gov
Thu Sep 19 18:29:01 EDT 2002

Hi vtkusers,

I have a lot of C++ code using VTK for the visualization part.
I would like to know according to your different experiences what is the
best programming/scripting language to create Graphical User Interfaces
together with VTK and C++ code.
I would like to embed the visualization part in the GUI and to add a lot
of callbacks to call my programs on the data visualized.
Tcl/Tk appears to me as the basic solution but I would like something
more object-oriented, to write classes of widgets, etc...
But I would like it to work with my C++ code. Is Python efficient? Does
anybody have experience with PyQt, or other things?
Thank you for your help,

Thomas (tdeschamps at lbl.gov)