[vtkusers] How to insert a mirror in a VTK scene?

Tim Hutton T.Hutton at eastman.ucl.ac.uk
Mon Sep 16 06:32:38 EDT 2002

Hi Pierre,

I was having a go at that a while back, it shouldn't be that hard. Basic
technique is to work out where the mirrored observer is, render a scene
from that viewpoint and use the rendering as a texture on the mirror object
in the final scene. When the observer moves the reflection needs to be
re-rendered of course.

Spherical mirrors would be a different matter... in theory the principle
extends to arbitrarily curved shiny surfaces (basically render from a
different viewpoint).

Attached a tcl script that has some of the framework.

Let us know how you get on!

Tim.