[vtkusers] computing minimum and maximum scalar values

Steffen Oeltze Steffen.Oeltze at Student.Uni-Magdeburg.DE
Tue Sep 3 07:40:15 EDT 2002

Dear VTK-users,

I have written an application that allows slicing through a volume. The
data structure
I'm using is vtkImageData. I have created 2 sliders to control the color
window and
color level.
I'd like to initialize the 2 sliders with the minimum and maximum scalar
values of the
vtkImageData. Is there a method to compute these values ? vtkMapper has a
getScalarRange() method but vtkImageMapper() doesn't know this method.

Regards,
Steffen