[vtkusers] Tcl and vtkLocal

John Biddiscombe jbiddiscombe at skippingmouse.co.uk
Tue Nov 26 19:50:15 EST 2002

I quickly looked at the tcl files you sent (Haven't eeven finished reading
yor email).
I noticed that you've used

if {[info commands vtkAnyImageFilter] != "" ||
    [::vtk::load_component vtkLocalTCL] == ""} {
    package provide vtkLocal 4.0
}

Tut. Tut. What is this bit of code doing?
If the information returned by the command vtkAnyImageFilter is non Null,
then we must have already loaded vtkLocalTcl. But hold on. vtkAnyImageFilter
is one that exists in my vtkCustom dll. You should replace this with the one
of the filters used in your vtkLocal dll. NB. Always use a non-abstract
filter (I won't go into details, but it's to do with the wrapping process -
you can't test one with no "New" command).

Why is this code here? To stop you loading the same dll multiple times. This
shouldn't actually stop you loading it once, but I have noticed that this
sentry code can cause trouble if it's munged, and yours is. Replace
vtkAnyImageFilter with something in your dll like
vtkStephensFavouriteFilter!!!

I'll read the rest of your email now [pause[. OK, Can't see anything else
wrong...

JB