[vtkusers] Tcl and vtkLocal

Stephen Reilly stephen.reilly at ntlworld.com
Tue Nov 26 19:02:26 EST 2002

Sorry to keep bothering you all with this, but I seem completely unable to
see this new library.

Here is everything.
PATH = "C:\vtk\bin" - the library containing directory (as well as the
standard pile of windows semi-colon seperated nonsense)
TCLLIBPATH="C:/Program Files/vtk40/source/VTK/Wrapping/Tcl"
(this is the source directory from which I built C:\vtk\bin, and seems to
contain all the vtk*.tcl files for the other libraries).

I added the following line to C:\Program
Files\vtk40\source\VTK\Wrapping\Tcl\MakePackages.tcl:
pkg_mkIndex -direct -verbose vtkLocal
which when run gives the output:
successful sourcing of vtkLocal.tcl
commands provided were
packages provided were {vtkLocal 4.0}
processed vtkLocal.tcl

Please find attached my vtkLocal.tcl as requested, though I have it under
C:/Program Files/vtk40/source/VTK/Wrapping/Tcl/vtkLocal/vtkLocal.tcl.

I have also attached the file I am using to test this (in case I am doing
something wrong there - it is only 5 lines though!). When run it gives the
output:
::vtk::load_component: vtkLocalTCL could not be found.

I have also built everything as libs instead of dlls. Is this incorrect? I
didn't think it would have mattered as the other libraries are found, and
only mention it as it is a difference from the below reply.

If I have left anything out please feel free to contact me. I am completely
at my wit's end (which, as you can imagine, isn't really that far away :)

Many thanks,
Stephen