[vtkusers] Tcl and vtkLocal

Stephen Reilly stephen.reilly at ntlworld.com
Mon Nov 25 20:21:13 EST 2002

John,

Thanks for getting back to me with those files.

The Tcl window no longer pops up stating that Tcl can not find the package,
however, I receive the message:
::vtk::load_component: vtkLocalTCL could not be found.
on the command line, and a Tcl error "invalid command name" pops up with
reference to the new class (vtkImageColouration). It doesn't seem to be able
to find vtkLocalTCL, although it does find all the other vtk libraries which
are in the same directory.

I have the TCLLIBPATH (as well as the PATH) set to C:/vtk/bin (I also tried
just C:/vtk), which is where I am building the libraries to, though it is
reading the vtkLocal.tcl from the source directory
(C:/vtk_setup/VTK/Wrapping/Tcl/vtkLocal - and it is definitely finding and
reading it as changes I make are visible). I don't know if that would make
any difference. My tcl source file has the "package require" section at the
head.

I am completely stumped, and any other ideas would be more than welcome!

Thanks for taking the time to read this,
Stephen