[vtkusers] 3 questions about VTK + Java.

tony Lincoln tony_lincoln at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 25 14:05:25 EST 2002

Dear all,

I am a beginner of VTK. Here 3 questions about VTK +
Java:

1. How to get more VTK example codes for java from
Internet? What I have is only cone.java, and it seems
not enough.

2. How to combine String and VTK together. The book
"VTK user guide" told me there is a vtkPanel class in
vtk.jar, which can combine these 2 together. I can not
find it in vtk.jar, but find it in vkt40Src directory.
With it I tried to run simpleVTK.java, but the error
information is:
Can not locate the beginning point of your program
_DSGetDrawingSurface at 8 on the awt.dll.
That seems that Swing and VTK are still not combined
together.

3. How to produce Mouse Event on the 3D object in VTK
viewer window?
For example, Using mouse to rotate the 3D object
around its center?

many thanks.
tony