[vtkusers] Problem installing VTK 4.0 in RedHat 7.2

Sambit Bhattacharya sbhatta at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Mon Nov 25 01:34:16 EST 2002

Hi,
I am trying to install VTK 4.0 in RedHat 7.2 from the source and
instructions provided in the CD ROM that ships with the "The Visualization
Toolkit User's Guide". I am trying it without Tcl/Tk,Python or Java
support and I have Mesa installed. When I build the examples e.g.
../vtk/Examples/Tutorial/Step1/Cxx/Cone.cxx, and run the executable Cone,
a window with no content shows up and everything freezes so I have to
reboot.
Any help will be highly appreciated.
Sambit.