[vtkusers] Covert UnstructuredGrid in PolyDataSet

Leila Baghdadi baghdadi at sickkids.ca
Wed Nov 20 11:56:22 EST 2002

Hi Samuel

I wrote my own class to do this when I was dealing with volume
tetrahedral meshes and their triangular surface meshes but because it was
very data specific (meshes of carotid artery) I did not contribute it to
VTK and also because at the time I was using vtk3.2 and I had to make some
changes before contributing it to vtk4.

You need to have a class/code which does something like vtkExtractGeometry
or vtkExtractPolyDataGeometry, except that it gives you the right format,
I am pretty sure I used these classes as an example when I was writing my
class.

If it can help you, I can dig in to my old directories and give you a copy
of my class.

hope this helps

Leila