[vtkusers] Tetrahedral elements

Xiangyi Liu xliu6 at nd.edu
Mon Nov 18 12:38:29 EST 2002

Dear vtkusers:

I am a new user of vtk and still learning from the user's guide. Now I have a
problem which I found no answer in the guide. I will aprreciate your advice.

We have huge data files of microstructure image. We hope to mesh the volume of
the stucture into tetrahedral elements with smooth triangulated surface. The
surface part seems to be workabe, as to chopping the volume into tetrahedral I
found no solution. I wonder if you have come across such problem during your
use of vtk, and what you have done to overcome or bypass this problem.

Thank you for your help!

Xiangyi

Xiangyi Liu
Graduate Student
Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering Department
University of Notre Dame