[vtkusers] VTK on mac OSX (10.1) - compiling...

Sebastian Haase haase at msg.ucsf.edu
Wed Nov 13 18:17:22 EST 2002

Hi all,
I'm wondering how many people use VTK on Macintosh OSX !?
I find only very few postings on that topic.

First: Does VTK 4.x compile at all using gcc 2.95 ? (That is:  OSX 10.1)
          I get  ld: Undefined symbols:   __ZNSt8ios_base4InitC4Ev

   Do I need CMake from its CVS or is the CMake 1.4.6 release version OK?

Does someone maybe have a binary version of the libraries available ?
Because at this point I just need to get MayaVi running on OSX ...

Thanks,
Sebastian

UC San Francisco