[vtkusers] building vtkNightly

Kevin Tiow Wee TAN twtan at cheerful.com
Thu Nov 14 11:09:45 EST 2002

Hi Mark,
As far as I can remember and experience, the build of vtkNightly source
does NOT include compiling the vtkCanvas neither does the vtkPanel nor
vtkInternalFrame.java

After the built, then there will a copy of vtk.jar file in the bin
directory, then I can used that to compile my vtkPanel.java, and
vtkCanvas.java ... etc.. myself using javac ...

Later then I use jar to jar up the vtkPanel.class, vtkCanvas.class and
all relevant class files into the original vtk.jar file.

I don't seem to recall that building the vtkNightly source will involve
compiling the vtkCanvas.java and vtkPanel.java...  I need to compile
those file manually, not within VC++ compilation.

Maybe it does happen on the latest vtkNightly source, but I had just
built it two weeks... it did not happen that way at that version of
vtkNightly

I will download a latest copy of vtkNightly source code and have a go...
Shall let you know what happen...

--
Thanks
Kevin