[vtkusers] building vtkNightly

Mark Gooding mark.gooding at merton.oxford.ac.uk
Thu Nov 14 10:24:21 EST 2002

Kevin - thanks for the reply.

 > Also which C++ are you using?  I have no problem using Visual C++
 > version 6.0, but I have problem using VC++ version 7.0 .Net Enterprise
 > version to generate .class files for generating vtk.jar

VC++ 6.0 - but still had that problem.

>That's what I suspect the problem is...  If you don't want to re-install
>it, you may need to look into the configuration file within your VTK and
>see which file contains the path C:\Program Files, and you changed it to
>C:\Progra~1 ... I would think that's a lot of work to do, compare to
>re-installing ...

It was that problem. I made the changes in the build settings within visual
studio which fixed that problem but I came up with another. So thought I
would have to try moving java. Not wanting to move java entirely - so as
not to upset any other software using it, I just copied relevant files to
the root directory till it could compile. Turns out I got the other errors
again anyway, so my hacking within visual studio had worked. The problem
that I then had was with the following files:  AxesActor.java,
TestInternalFrames.java and TestVTKCanvas.java

These problems seem to come from vtk\wrapping\vtk\Canvas.java not finding
new vtkPlaneWidget.class or vtkBoxWidget.class I excuded the first 3 files
(listed in this email) from the build and the rest of the build was
sucessful to the extent I can now run vtk. I noticed that vtkPlaneWidget
and vtkBoxWidget are not in vtkbin\java\vtk. Should they be? Would be nice
to be able to build all of it!

Mark