[vtkusers] Finite slice plane

Peter Parente parente at cs.unc.edu
Wed Nov 13 18:59:04 EST 2002

Hello,

I am looking into using vtkProbeFiler and the implicit function vtkPlane to
get a slice from a volume dataset. However, I would like to only get a slice
of finite width and height from the volume data to be rendered separately as
a height field. More specifically, I have a small rectangular plane tool
that can be used to select a small region at any orientation and size from
the volume data. I would like to grab the scalar values along this plane and
use them to create a separate rendering.

Can anyone offer a suggestion as to how I can get a slice of finite size? I
see the vtkImplicitWindowFunction class and wonder if it will do the trick.
Does anyone have an example use of this class?

Thanks,
Pete