[vtkusers] multiple renderers performance

Nicolae Mihalache mache at abcpages.com
Wed Nov 13 11:50:22 EST 2002

Pan, Tony C (Research) wrote:
> The 0.07 sec you're seeing is the renderer checking to see if anything changed.  If nothing is
> changed, it doesn't actually perform a render.

No, the 0.07 sec time I get is when I _change_ the pan and tilt of the
camera. The image displayed in the window is completely shifted.
Actually I have two sliders that I can use to change the pan and the
tilt of the cameras. I can link this sliders with only one camera or
with both. If the sliders are linked only with one camera, I can move
them smoothly, the image is nicely updated in the window. If they are
linked with both of the cameras, the Render method is subsequently
called for both renderers and it seems that swithcing from one renderer
to the other cause this big increase in render time.

Is there any performance problem when having multiple renderers or is
just that probably something wrong is in the code I have?

Nicolae