[vtkusers] Re: VTK on MacOS X 10.2 w/Tcl,Python and Java--Libtool

Shibaji Shome shibaji at cvrti.utah.edu
Tue Nov 12 19:59:53 EST 2002

------------
2.)I installed libtool-1.4.3 and pth-1.4.1.  You have to specify
./configure --host=powerpc-apple-darwin1.4 to get things to jive.  I
installed these packages from source because of some errors I received
during earlier vtk build attempts;
-------------

I downloaded libtool-1.4.3 from sourceforge.
I am getting the following error trying to make libtool,
libtool: unrecognized option `-arch_only'
Try `libtool --help' for more information.
make[1]: *** [libltdl.la] Error 1
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
shibaji:libtool-1.4.3> cd ../

Is this common? How did you guys work around this? VTK make also fails
at this point.
Regards,
Shibaji