[vtkusers] using the vtkRenderWidget.py on Windows

P Sherwood P.Sherwood at dl.ac.uk
Tue Nov 12 11:31:25 EST 2002

Hi All,

I'm just replying to my own post

>> I am trying to move a python vtk application from Irix
>> to windows 2000.

>> I use the vtkTkRenderWidget and this seems to be trying to
>> load something called vtkRenderingPythonTkWidgets

to say that it does appear that vtkRenderingPythonTkWidgets.dll
is missing from my distribution (probably it is also missing from
my version of the kitware CD).

I got a set of dlls from Les Schaffer (http://folks.astrian.net/godzilla)
and used this instead. The missing DLL was in there and all I had to
do was unpack it and adjust PYTHONPATH to point to the subfolders containing
python code and dlls.

Thanks to Prahbu for the suggestion.

Paul