[vtkusers] Clipping a volume

Chunyan Jiang jiang at TI.FhG.DE
Tue Nov 12 11:29:21 EST 2002

Hi, all,
I have a certain vtkStructuredPoints to display the volume on screen.
Now I want to create a clipping plane, such that all data on one side of
the plane is visible, and on the other side of the plane the volume is not
displayed, just like use a knife to cut some thing.
I have tried some ways, yet I'm not successful.
Such as
volumeMapper->AddClippingPlane(plane1); It does not affect the result.

By vtkCutter, I just got one plane. I guess it is the plane that is cutting
from the volume.

How can I reach my aim? It is a basic problem for me. I'm sure it must be
some motheds can solve my problem in VTK. Who has the experence on it?
Please share with me.

Thanks a lot.

Chunyan

Chunyan Jiang, Dipl.-Inform.,
Institut for Telematic
Bahnhofstrasse 30-32, D-54292 Trier, Germany
Phone: (+49) (0)651-97551-34
Fax: (+49) (0)651-97551-12