[vtkusers] Vector Components

Matthew O'Brien matthew.obrien at ndsu.nodak.edu
Tue Nov 12 10:18:15 EST 2002

I'm using vtkGlyph3D to visualize vector data from a vtkStructuredPoints
object. I'd like to be able to view only certain components of those
vectors (e.g. see only the x and y components), but I haven't been able
to find any filters that allow me to do this.

vtkGlyph3D has a SetScaleModeToScaleByVectorComponents() method, but
only allows the use of one scaling factor, not one for each component.

Is there an easy way to do this that I've missed, or do I need to use a
programmable filter and do it myself?

Thanks,
Matt