[vtkusers] Marching Cubes Algorithms and Airtight Volume

Hong Wan nghongwan at myrealbox.com
Mon Nov 11 22:42:49 EST 2002

Hi Will,

Thanks for responding to my thread, I have waited days before somebody
actually read my thread and reply me.

Yes, you are right that marching cubes will always produce watertight
surfaces, but what if the dataset is incomplete, say dataset of a human
hand that contain 10 slices,

And all  these slices that feed through marching cubes algorithms will
created a water tight surface, what if the last dataset is missing and a
marching cubes is unable to enclose the surfaces?? Is there any other
ways to repair the geometry to enclose it??

Regards

Hong Wan