[vtkusers] A Problem of VTK Java Wrapping

Blezek, Daniel J (Research) blezek at crd.ge.com
Mon Nov 11 08:34:10 EST 2002

I this particular case, vtkIdType* is a pointer to an array of integers.  The wrapping mechanism
isn't sophisticated enough to cast a native Java/Tcl/Python array to a C array, and so it skips the
wrapping of that function.  Often there will be a helper function to assist to do the equivalent of
such a method from a scripted language.

-dan

--
Daniel Blezek, Ph.D.
blezek at crd.ge.com
Visualization and Computer Vision Lab, Imaging Technologies
GE Global Research Center